From time to time, you may want to suspend a membership. Maybe your student is on holiday or for some other reason they will not be able to attend your classes. Clubworx makes it easy to achieve this. Since suspensions affect payments, it is important that you read the information below before applying a suspension.
Please be aware of the following when suspending members:
- Adding a suspension will stop payments and bookings (by the member) for the period of the suspension. Note: you can add a booking for your member during a suspension period if you wish through your own login, but the member will not be able to do it themselves.
- Any payments that fall within the suspension period will be pushed out and added to the end of the membership, ensuring the full membership amount is still collected.
- If your member has more than one active membership, the suspension will affect all of them.
- Suspension periods are inclusive of the start and end date.
- Once the start date of a suspension is in the past, you cannot delete the suspension. To lift the suspension prior to the original date, you will need to edit the suspension and move the end date earlier.
Let’s get started.
Step 1: Search and click on the member you want to apply the suspension to.
Step 2: Click on the Suspension section of the member profile (in the left-hand column) and then click Add New Suspension.
Step 3: Now using the calendar icons, set the start date and end date. Put in a reason for the suspension.
Step 4: You can now review the suspension. You will notice two things. Firstly, in the suspension section of the member profile, there is now some information about the suspension. As we mentioned above, you cannot delete a suspension once the start date is in the past. In this example, the Suspension date is still in the future, so it can be deleted. The second thing you will notice is that when you go to the payments list within the member profile, the suspension will be highlighted (note: you might have to extend the date parameters). In the example below, there are no payment in January or February, but they recommence in March as per the membership and suspension details.