Before you sell anything through POS, you need to create your products. This is a really simple process. Let’s take a look below.
Step 1: Select the Manage Products link from your menu. Then click the orange +Add Product button.
Step 2: You will come to a basic form for creating your product. We will go through each field now:
- Name: Give you product a descriptive name so you will know what it is when you are ringing it up on the POS system
- Product Code: This is mainly used in conjunction with a scanner. If you are not using a scanner, we recommend leaving it blank. If you are using a scanner, this number must be unique.
- Qty in stock: How many of these items do you have on hand? This number is relevant because Clubworx will show you how many items remain after each sale.
- Price: Enter the price of your product. You can enter the price including or excluding tax, just remember to adjust the Price is exclusive of tax to YES if you have entered the price without tax or NO if you have entered a price that includes the tax.
- Is the product or service Tax Exempt? IF your product does not carry any tax, you can select the No option.
- Available for Sale? If you are ready to start selling your product, select Yes, if you are setting up a product that you don’t have stock for yet, select No (just remember to come back and change that to Yes when the stock comes in).
- Select the Applicable Tax Rate from the drop down menu (which will be the one you created in the previous section of this guide).
- Price is exclusive of tax: As described above, make sure you get this right. In the example below, we have set the price at $90 and changed this option to Yes. Since the tax rate is 10%, this will add $9 onto the price at the time the product is being sold. If we had select No, the total would remain as $90 to be collected from the customer.
- Don’t forget to add a description to the product and then click the Save button.