As fitness-industry insiders, there’s no better feeling than seeing kids develop a passion for healthy lifestyles and being fit.
Therefore, it's fantastic to see government incentives that encourage participation in kid’s sports programs at fitness clubs, like the current voucher program.
However, these can sometimes be a bit tricky to manage from the admin end. To help you with this, Clubworx has made it easy for fitness businesses to accept these vouchers.
Here’s what you need to know:
What are the Get Active Kids and Fairplay voucher programs?
State governments are helping kids get active by providing two vouchers for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sports and active recreation costs each year.
Generally, these are in the form of two $100 vouchers.
What are the vouchers called?
The state government schemes around kids' fitness are called different things depending on your state.
Here are the different names for each state:
Get Active Kids Voucher Program
New South Wales
Get Active Kids Voucher Program
Ticket to Play
What should Fitness Clubs and Dojos do?
Your business should be prepared and ready to accept vouchers from eligible families.
Clubworx clients can use their software to redeem these vouchers.
How to use the vouchers with Clubworx
First, you need to add the voucher to the member/customer’s account.
Adding a credit voucher to a member/customer’s balance
- Click on ‘People’ from the menu on the left-hand side
- Click on the member/customer you want to apply the voucher to
- Click the ‘Payments’ tab on the menu in the member/customer profile
- Click on the ‘Add Credit’ option that appears when you open the Payments tab
- A message box with an explanation of how credit vouchers work will appear. Click on the ‘Add Credit’ option
- This will open an ‘Add Credit Voucher’ form. In the ‘Category’ field click on ‘Select Category’ and choose ‘Active Kids Voucher’ from the list of options
- In the ‘Value’ field, enter the value of the voucher you are applying
- Put some reference text in the ‘Reference’ field (e.g. Active Kids 2000)
- If desired you can fill in the ‘Description/Notes’ and ‘Expires’ fields, but this is optional
- Click on the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the form. This will take you back to the main member/customer profile page, where you can see the credit has been applied to the account - see the ‘Balance’ section at the top of the profile (e.g. ‘+100 credit’).
Now that the voucher has been added to the member/customer’s account, you can apply it to a specific invoice.
Applying a voucher to an invoice
- In the member/customer profile, click the ‘Payments’ tab
- Next to the invoice you want to apply credit to, there is a three-dot button that you can click to see more options. Click this and choose ‘Apply credit’ from the list.
- Click the ‘Select credit voucher’ option and choose the voucher you want to apply. Then enter the amount of the voucher you want to use (you can choose to use only some of the total value).
- Click ‘confirm’, and then ‘Apply credit now’. In the ‘Payments’ tab you will be able to see that credit has been applied to the invoice, and the ‘Balance’ section will also be updated with the new credit balance.
Other reads you might like
See all blog posts