There’s never been a better time to launch your personal training career. In the post-pandemic world, health is in sharp focus.
So, what does this mean for those looking to become a successful personal trainer? Whether you’re looking to kickstart a new fitness career, or want new ways to reinvigorate your existing personal training strategy, you’ve come to the right place.
These 8 tips will give your personal training business the health check it needs to expand to the max.
1. Update your qualifications
Get registered as a personal trainer with nationally-recognised credentials. This means:
- Ensuring your qualifications are up to date – a Certificate IV in Fitness is a great starting point for any personal trainer.
- Increasing your flex by upskilling in the latest fitness trends to expand your client base. For example, you could try to master:
- Reformer Pilates
- Krav maga
- And many others. There’s always something new to learn. The possibilities of a career in fitness are endless!
2. Be the boss
The great thing about being a personal trainer is you can be your own boss. So it’s time to start acting like one!
- Activate and implement a plan and stick to it.
Regularity is key. What time will your classes be? Arrive 15 minutes before your clients to set an example. Don’t cancel, postpone or be late!
- Settle on a timetable and work it, work it, work it! How? Well, why not try Clubworx personal training software? It takes the hard work (and time) out of managing, sharing and editing your timetable, no matter how any classes you plan!
3. Pick your niche
Sure it’s good to be an all-rounder – but clear specialisation with branding to match works really well to shape your personal training identity. You could:
- Be the HIIT Guru, the Yoga Guy or the Pilates Princess – there’s always a new way to recreate and rebrand.
- Play to your strengths to make people achieve theirs – if you have a story of body transformation, or how you lost weight or turned your life around, your clients need to know! It’s a huge marketing opportunity. And could become your key USP.
4. Seek a mentor
To inspire your clients, you need to be inspired yourself.
- Always admired someone in the fitness industry? Reach out and tell them so. Not only will they love the compliment, but it’s also an opportunity to ask for advice. Or even mentorship.
- Secured your mentor? Ensure the support is a two-way street. Endorse their brand, follow their socials and share their message to thank them.
5. Upgrade your social network
Social media is essential for connecting with potential personal training clients.
- Fire up your channels with regular confidence-boosting content.
- Reply to enquiries, direct messages and comments within at least 24 hours.
- Follow your favourite fitness gurus and personal trainers on Instagram. Use the opportunity to connect. Let their success inspire you.
6. Get gains!
You’re the ambassador of your industry and personal training brand. It’s your duty to share and promote the latest fitness trends and raise the bar for your clients – literally!
- Be the first to introduce your clients to a new exercise trend.
- Look the part – ensure your workout gear is on point!
- Be the change you want to see in the world!
7. Make sure you’re insured!
You need public liability insurance to run a legitimate personal training business.
- Make sure the serious business is sorted – no cutting corners.
- Pick trusted, industry-approved insurance such as Bizcover or Guild.
- Ask your personal training network which public liability insurance they recommend.
8. Amp up your admin
Smart personal trainers have one thing in common. That’s great organisation! With Clubworx personal training software, admin issues are a thing of the past.
- Track your members’ progress.
- Manage registrations the easy way.
- Keep track of your payments all in one place.
- Edit, share and reschedule your busy personal training timetable.
- Free up your precious time to be the best personal trainer you can be!
With personal training, the sky’s the limit. Be the very best you can be. And remember, you don’t need to be Atlas, with the world on your shoulders. Work smarter, not harder – which is where Clubworx comes in. Get in touch today to find out how we can help.
Other reads you might like
See all blog posts